My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Friday, April 23, 2010

Less is More

It's no secret that I love finding great deals on great items at antique stores and yard sales. Buying second hand is one of the greenest things you can do because you are saving a product from a landfill and you are affecting the supply and demand chain in preventing the need for yet another product to be manufactured. On the flip side of this, I have way too much stuff and to add to this, one of my best friends who doesn't know what the word moderation means when it comes to shopping just moved to NYC and gave me 18 garbage bags full of stuff (and I'm not exaggerating) she couldn't take with her to her tiny new apartment-a large majority of it still with tags on it from places like J. Crew and Anthropologie. The good news is that I REALLY needed a new wardrobe and we are the same size, however, I couldn't possibly wear everything even if I tried. I have sorted and sorted and finally have just decided that a lot of it needs to go so it has motivated me (that, and the fact that my husband has had it with all the bags of stuff still lingering around the house) to have a yard sale tomorrow. The timing is actually great because my parents have also decided to drop off every item I had left from my childhood in their home, and I've reached a point where I'm settled enough into my house that I have a pretty good idea whether or not I'm ever going to use the fabrics and curtains that I've been holding on to for a few years now. Since my sister is planning for her move in to their new house too she's going to add some stuff as well. So if you are in the Middletown area and are looking for some great clothes, housewares, fabrics, jewelry, or anything else, swing by. Help the planet and your home or fashion wardrobe at the same time and you'll be helping me feel a huge weight lifted off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment